Logistics Research Competition (LRC)
The Logistics Research Competition (LRC) is a competition for students of HEIs in the Sultanate of Oman, organized yearly, from the R&D Division of the Oman Logistics Centre at ASYAD. The competition focuses on sharpening and showcasing students’ analytical skills and problem-solving capacity, but also aims to enhance communication practices between students by sharing knowledge and exchanging ideas, for concepts, processes and other developments in the field of logistics.
The duration of the competition will be taking place from August 2020 to February 2021, through which students will undertake research for a project of interest from the main priority areas of innovation within the logistics sector.
- To give students the opportunity to share their ideas and research outcomes, which will help to provide visibility for their work.
- To expose students to large scale academic research.
- To give students the opportunity to meet and interact with logistics companies and experts to share ideas, gain industry insights, and understand possible practical applications.
- To give students an opportunity to sharpen their communication skills.
- To provide detailed feedback to students about their research and presentation, from a panel of distinguished judges from industry and academia.
- To recognize and reward outstanding student research.
- To provide creative solutions for the logistics related challenges from higher institutes.
The competition is open to bachelor students of colleges & universities of any discipline (3rd , 4th and final year ). The registration must be as group project (not more than 4 students) and not on an individual basis.
Proposal and team submissions
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Research topics preferably be related to the main logistics priority areas or topics within the logistics field.
- Teams must not be more than four students ( of any discipline ).
- Team members can be from different institutes.
- There is no limit on the number of teams competing from the same institute.
- The teams must demonstrate the innovative use of logistics concepts in the analysis of the case.
The application is due by 5th of September 2020 by midnight (PST).
The award for this competition will be provided by Oman Logistics Center. The winning teams will be awarded a monetary award.
- 1st winner: 1000 OMR
- 2nd winner: 500 OMR
- 3rd winner: 300 OMR